SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gonemielecrazy

Pegasus granite Sink from HomeDepot? or suggestions?

gonemielecrazy
15 years ago

Happy Labor Day All :-)

I am hoping that you might share your opinion on kitchen sinks please? I need to buy a sink *today* as the counter guys are coming tomorrow!

We have decided to go with the largest single sink we can fit with our 33" base cab. We want the sink to be under-mounted. We have new maple cabinets and have chosen black n' tan granite to tie in an existing kitchen island (freestanding piece).

We were certain we would go for Stainless however - upon browsing in Lowes and Home Depot for a few hours (the poor kids were so bored and yet so patient) we were really drawn to a sink apparently made just for Home Depot by Pegasus - it's basically black with a spec in it...we like it (it's less money than some of the stainless options)! and think it'll blend in to the counter top nicely... there are three different options in style - two different double bowls and one big single which we are really leaning towards.

Does anyone have any experience with granite composite sinks? I have a couple of questions...

1). Have any of you drilled into a granite composite sink before, for extra faucet holes? The large sink just has one hole and of *course* the faucet we've chosen will require four! I'm open to exchanging the faucet if you all think drilling into this material is a bad idea!

2). Is this material going to be cumbersome? Besides the obvious risk of breaking dishes / glasses which we figure we'll need to careful with the counter top anyhow so why not in the sink too LOL. I wouldn't dream of putting in an acrylic sink! (Correct me if that is an uneducated opinion). Is this basically a souped up acrylic sink? Am I falling for this under the guise that it's got "granite" in the description? It really feels like stone! [scratching my head].

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't have a picture to share as HD doesn't have it on their site.

Our kitchen sink is in your hands! We started thinking about our kitchen remodel less than a month ago, started demo and re-build just last Tuesday! We have a fabulous contractor! One guy working with Dh! Oh and we had an unexpected *need* for a plumber here on Saturday too to move an odd pipe (which the kitchen design guy completely omitted from the design - yeah - we couldn't live with a cut in the counter-top to accommodate a big old pipe! so Dh cut into the wall and the plumber came and redirected the pipe for us) he was wham bam fabulous too! Talk about quick turnaround! We've been so *lucky* with everything so far! I probably shouldn't say that just yet!

Can you help me decide on a sink? ;-)Go for the granite or play safe and choose stainless? Nothing like a rushed decision eh?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz