SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulabrady_gw

Window and Slider ideas

paulabrady
13 years ago

I would like to have a counter depth window but am not sure of what style I should get. My house is a ranch style, maple cabs - I'll have mullions on some of the cabs. Should I get grills on the window and slider to match. I would like the white wood. Don't really want awning style because I like a better breeze if I decide to open the windows. Not sure about double hung, casement, etc. I'm tall so opening and closing shouldn't be an issue. Something easy to clean would be nice.I will need privacy as we have close neighbors. I was looking at Pella built in blinds but also would consider a different brand with separate treatments for privacy. For those of you that have grills - do they really block your view? We have a flower garden, bird houses, a garage and an alley for the view. Will probably put in a fence someday to block some of the alley. I like to look of double hungs with grills on the top. But I'm most concerned about my view being blocked. We can't get anything with arches due to our eves. Probably can't do a bay either. Any recommendations out there? Approximate window size will be 36"-40" high and 72" wide. Thank you again.

Comments (7)