SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missyv_gw

PLEASE give me your input !!

MIssyV
12 years ago

We are mid way through a mini make over....still have old appliances, someone coming to look at taking out the soffit for me, and old counter top still on. But I need HELP!!!!

This is about to give me an ulcer :) I cannot finalize my counter top decision, so I am going to post some photo's here in hopes of getting some great feedback (sorry, I cannot figure out how to make the pics actually show up on this post without using the link to flickr). I have looked at granite, I have looked at soapstone, and now considering detaching our peninsula to make it an island so we can put a wood counter top there and something else on the perimeter.

My first love truly is marble, I cannot lie, but I just don't know if I have the personality to live with marble (3 kids), and I really do like soapstone too but I am a bit worried that maybe I am going too dark in this small space. I think the matte black would compliment the other side of our space (the fireplace with black mantle and accents that is in our family room attached to the kitchen).

So, I would appreciate your input. What color of counter top do you visualize in this space? Light, dark?

Here is a link that might be useful: mid way thru kitchen mini make over

Comments (45)