SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kksmama

So now I'm afraid of committment (backsplash)

kksmama
10 years ago

Layout, configuration, cabinet construction, drawer depth and height, counters, paint, pulls, sinks, faucets, soap dispensers, g/ds, airswitches, drawer organization, appliances, hood design (!), light rail, door style, electrical outlets, pendants, corner radii, counter stools, edge profile, and lots of other decisions are made and mostly terrific thanks to GW.
Now I really want to make a backsplash decision. I love this mini mosaic and can't imagine my life apart from it; we started as friends and the attraction has deepened to the point we can contemplate permanent cohabitation. I had thought I'd fall for a large, more solid type but the heart wants what the heart wants. But will this stay resilient through thick and thin, for better and for worse? Can I be faithful and keep my backsplash only unto this one...or will my eye wander and make me wish I had some extra spice behind the rangetop? Will my friends and family approve and celebrate with us, or secretly whisper that it won't last, or that one of us has settled? Most importantly, if we use well-sealed white grout, will we have a harmonious, cohesive union that doesn't create unnecessary drama? Can we have texture and depth, without the conflict?
Is the commitment I should be afraid of this backsplash, or the kind that comes with a fashionable, extra long-armed white jacket that ties at the back?

Comments (48)