SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Buying colored grout / finding right color

oldbat2be
11 years ago

So next week (or the week after, depending on my tiling crew's schedule) is going to be a very busy one.

We have three tiling projects: kitchen backsplash, pantry backsplash, and adjacent stove room/mud room floors.

I'd like to make sure I'm on track with my grout ideas/selections and want to make sure I have the grout on hand for when the work begins (vs. just using whatever the my tiling guy has on hand).

Sources for colored grout? Rely on selection at Lowes and Home Depot? What online sources do you suggest and how does one estimate how much grout is required?

Thanks!!!!

Kitchen grout is easy - I need a dark brown grout to match the tile color. Here is the tile:

{{!gwi}}

Pantry tile - fireclay, color malt. Still haven't decided which way to place tile, vertical cross, or as an x. Countertop is Cambria Torquay.

This is the tile I am most concerned about getting right. I don't like the dark outlines this is currently showing so think I'll be using a fairly light grout color. Thoughts?

Stove room and mud room (adjacent to pantry) will be Mediterranea American Natural Black Rock, wood look tile, in herringbone pattern on a 90 degree.

Here is space. I think a medium to dark grey grout would be fine.

Here is planned tile color (though ours will be 6 x 24 planks):

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)