SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redecoratingmom

White appliances and can't decide on white or dark cabinets

redecoratingmom
12 years ago

So I've been searching the forum and can't seem to find a post that addresses my question. I have white appliances in my kitchen which are still pretty new and I want to update my cabinets. They are a mid tone brown/wood. Its like the typical 80's color. For the past couple of years I've been really wanting my cabinets to be darker like a chocolate or espresso color, then I got to thinking about how that would look against the white appliances. So now I'm starting to chicken out from the dark cabinets and am thinking of painting them white just for continuity sake. I'm not in love with the idea of having white cabinets it feels like a design cop-out to me(just a personal preference)but I want the kitchen to look good when I'm done with it. Its gonna take alot of effort to get those cabinets painted and I don't want to not love the final result either because the contrast between the dark cabinets and white appliances is too stark or because I'll have this big bright white kitchen with no flair. Does anyone have pics of kitchens for either scenario that have turned out well? Help, please.

Comments (14)