SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanner27

Need advice picking a dining table to suit

tanner27
12 years ago

So our home is nearing completion, although it is an RTM so it has to be moved to our site now and about another 4-6 weeks of hookups/finishing work before we can move in. We are a young family expecting baby #4 and am in need of a new dining table. Our dining area is right between the living room and the kitchen and it is all open concept. Our designer made sure we could comfortably have a 10' table there as I intend on having many large family gatherings :). However, we have went with hickory cabinets, which I love, but am having a hard time choosing a table. The main trouble is, I can spend the money and go with a custom made hickory table, not sure what kind of chairs to go with as my hubby wants padding and really loves the parsons chairs. So to get the table and 6-8 chairs we'd be looking around 4-5K to spend. Or, do we get a cheap set from one of the big box stores and replace it in a few years when I'm back to work and can better afford to spend the 4-5K? I'm stumped as to what color of table to go with if I don't go with hickory?

Anyone have any suggestions or pictures? I'm also in Saskatchewan so my options are a bit more limited.

Here's a link to some pictures of the kitchen...

http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/tannerfamily27/House/

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen pictures

Comments (16)