SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmocat_gw

pantry wall layout

cosmocat
12 years ago

Now the question is the pantry wall layout. I can and now plan to add 28 inches to the pantry wall. I can also extend into the garage by up to two feet (no more). I finally talked with a structural engineer today who helped make the decision for me, instead of a fly by your pants contractor. Grrrâ¦â¦

So now my decision is the reconfiguring of the pantry wall and allowing a slightly larger aisle between the fridge wall/dining room wall and island. Even allowing for a larger aisle between the dw/sink run wall and island. As it stands the island has been enlarged to 6âÂÂx3âÂÂ. Yup, 36 inches wide. Wooohooo! I just donâÂÂt want the fridge wall to seem like a second room or an after thought. Even if I just recess the fridge and pantry into the garage, I can add a few inches.

IâÂÂm also cutting into the Dining Room to get these extra 28-inches. So in the DR IâÂÂll try to make the garage wall pretty with a nice furniture piece china cabinet or something, create an alcove for the cabinet. Also donâÂÂt know if the room will look off-kilter to lose two feet on the garage wall and where the door into the eating area is centered. Thoughts?

Layout - easier to see, rotate 90 degrees clockwise to match the drawing below

Dimensions - wall measurments, and planned wall movement

Pantry Wall

Thise current cabinet placement for the pantry wall, pantry on the L, then Fridge, with a decorative alcove above, then MW stack with drawers below, then small bookshelf unit. I want to keep the general layout here. I need the fridge directly across from the aisle in front of the range, but I can enlarge the pantry (or switch it to the right of the MW). 28-inches isnâÂÂt a whole bunch to add, maybe I just extend the pantry into the garage and not the whole wall, giving me a mini walk-in pantry. And a few more inches in the walkway between this wall and the island.

My main concern is the DR wall. DonâÂÂt want it to look goofy.

Thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Post

Comments (2)