SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lacuisine_gw

Yes, ANOTHER delay!

lacuisine
15 years ago

okay, i seriously need moral support. After our first cabinet maker stole from us and we had him arrested, i had to fire the next KD for making several errors. Then i hired my third KD and ordered cabinets from her in march. We started demo in mid june and after 5 days i had to fire my contractor. then i got smart and hired organic_donna's wonderful GC. His guys installed the cabinets 3 weeks ago and we discovered several defects. After much hollering the cabinet company decided to send my ALL new drawer fronts and doors, to get a good color match. (they are carmelized bamboo, so there is no stain.) i am awaiting all of the new pieces. So now, on the eve of my quartz countertop arrival, the countertop place calls and tells me that apparently, there are "some scratches", but i shouldnt worry, they polished it and "they are barely noticeable". I kindly replied that if that countertop arrives tomorrow with even the SLIGHTEST imperfection, it is getting right back on the truck. Which will of course put off plumbing, and extend my road to a functioning kitchen!

Will this kitchen EVER get made?

Frustrated in chicago,

LC

Comments (12)