SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

under cabinet or wall hood--help me decide please!

eks6426
14 years ago

I finally decided from the help of this board that I really need a range hood. I've not had one before that I've used, but I'm thinking if I get the right one I'll actually use it.

I'm going to have a 36" Dacor Duel Fuel range.

Here's a description of the wall.

Next to the range will be 2 cabinets of equal size. Probably 18" wide each. Next to each of those cabinets are windows that have open metal shelving over them.

So, if you can imagine the wall, it goes like this:

6' window with metal open shelving over it, 18" cabinet, range hood?, 18" cabinet, 4' window with metal open shelving over it.

I was originally thinking I'd do an undercabinet mounted range hood. But I want to mount the range hood a little over 30" (DH is tall) and my ceilings are actually a little under 8'. That didn't leave much room for a useful cabinet anyway, especially if the pipe goes through the cabinet. This is obviously an outside wall, so I could vent straight out the back, but there don't seem to be many range hoods like that.

Rest of kitchen design is the warm white shaker look that is so popular here. We really only have this one wall with cabinets on it. Kitchen is 18' long but only 9' wide at its widest point.

So, should I get an undercabinet range hood or a regular wall hood and loose the cabinet?

Any range hood suggestions are greatly appreciated too.

THANKS!

Comments (7)