SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisamariess

Show me your Kitchen Bay Window Treatments please

lisamariess
16 years ago

Our kitchen is almost done, and we have plantation blinds in the rest of the house. The kitchen has a large bay window, no window seat. Next to the left side is a 3 foot wall, and beside that is a glass door (one panel) going out to the patio. I need some kind of window treatment for the 4 panes.

My decorator told me that she didn't think blinds would work, because they are too heavy (at that width) to be pulled up and down every day. I like the open look, however this window lets in freezing air at that end of the kitchen (in the winter) and in summer, the sun sets on that side of the house. I need something with some kind of valence to cover the top, and something I can pull down for warmth, heat and privacy when needed. I really don't want whatever goes there to stick out beneath the valence when it is in the up position. I spoke to the local blind place and they have no ideas. (small town)

Would any of you have any ideas, with pictures, that you would be willing to share. What would you do? I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. LS

Comment (1)