SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

Dried Basil? Spanish Olive? Paris Rain? Cheyenne Green?

nutmegxo
14 years ago

?????????????????????????????????????????

If anyone has used these BM colors or is familiar with them, I would love your opinions/pictures. I will be painting my living room a sage green this week and am trying to decide between the card #s 138 & 139 from Benjamin Moore. The card with Paris Rain and Cheyenne Green seems more grayish green and the card with Spanish Olive and Dried Basil looks grayish green with a hint of yellow in it. My family room which connects to the living room has a large sectional sage green sofa that blends well with both these cards. My dining room is painted Windham Cream with sage green curtains and is directly across from the living room (separated by a large open foyer). In other words, all these rooms are visible from wherever you are because of a very open layout in the house.

I am leaning towards the Dried Basil card because it seems to have a little more warmth to it and I think that will balance well with the Windham Cream in the dining room. Also, is this color dark when painted throughout an entire room? If so, I would go one shade up to the Spanish Olive, but also worried that will be too pale. The living room faces west and is flooded with sunlight in the afternoon.

Comments (18)