SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgsd_gw

Help with curtain rod height

kgsd
15 years ago

I'm FINALLY getting around to doing curtains for our LR window. It's actually a glass door with two windows on either side. The view is gorgeous so we will mostly leave the curtains open, but there are occasionally pedestrians on the trail behind our house so I will probably close the curtains at night.

Here's a picture of the room (at night).

There will be one long rod across the entire span. The bar will extend about 40 inches past both sides so the curtains don't cover up the window when the curtains are open. (Don't want to miss any of the natural light or view.)

My dilemma comes about because of the picture-frame moulding. I'd love to be able to hang the rod ABOVE the molding, because it seems like it'd look weird to have a little bit of the molding sticking above the curtain rod. However, there are ceiling beams that make that impossible. Here's a closeup of the top-right corner.

Basically, there are two places I think I can hang the rod, indicated by the black lines I've drawn on the picture below. What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions?

Comments (12)