SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elainefoo_gw

Please help me with my kitchen design

elainefoo
12 years ago

My family is buying a house with a small kitchen and as a result plan on removing the wall between the kitchen and the dining room to increase the size of the kitchen. Unfortunately, my husband and I have not been able to come up with a final kitchen design and we would really appreciate some help.

Our family consists of my husband, our 2 year old child, another child on the way, and me. We intend to live in the house for a long time.

We do not intend on hosting people too often but would like the ability to host people for events such as birthdays and holidays. Both the living room and family room can fit a portable table to increase the amount of people who can eat at the house on specific occasions.

The tentative appliance list we have is as follows:

-30" Wolf induction cooktop

-30" Wolf E series oven

-Convection microwave

-36" Sub Zero built in fridge/Samsung 36" normal depth fridge (we like to save $$$ if possible)

-Samsung dishwasher 24"

-We would like a full sized double sink

We are able to move windows and can remove the door on the south-east side if it's really necessary. In hopes of saving money, we would like to try and keep window movement to increasing size rather than having to fix exterior walls. We are willing to do anything, short of moving walls, if it really helps the design.

The plumbing is currently located under the bay window for both the sink and the dishwasher. The 240V plug was in the wall that is being removed and will need to be re-wired.

Kitchen Template:

This is the blank space that we would like to fit a kitchen and eating area into.

Kitchen idea #1

We are worried that this design doesn't have any top shelves that are easily accessible but like the fact that there is good workspace.

Kitchen idea #2

We like that this design will allow us to accommodate more people on the kitchen island (i.e. kids table/adults table) but are worried that there is no spot for appliances and how the work space will be used.

Please give us your thoughts and if there are any more information we can provide, please let us know.

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals