SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luzianalady

Help Decorating Small Living Room Please

luzianalady
13 years ago

New to the forum and hope someone can give me some advice on decorating this room. It is L shaped, with a small kitchen on the other end of the L, divided by an island. On the opposite wall is the TV, and behind the couch is an antique drop front secretary bookcase..and a tiny foyer. The ceilings are 14 feet, the peak being right above the chair.

Now, for my problems, lol. I bought the large picture at a church Thrift store, and started trying to decorate around it. Not having much luck, and would like some opinions. Need ideas for curtains? The chair is centered between 2 windows. The brown/white check are not going to work? I also have some solid chocolate brown and also some off white roll up curtains, that I'm not sure of either. Any ideas? Seems like it needs something to bring the colors together? I like casual, even country. Do I need a smaller coffee table? I'm not able to center the ottoman in front of the chair because of the wood chest I've used for years as a coffee table. Floors are wood and I think I need to turn the rug around? Throw pillows and knick knacks are strewn about as I'm struggling for a color scheme, lol. no organization. In fact the room is beginning to take on a "busy" look.

I'm NOT a decorator and would love some outside opinions. I'm at a total dead end. Thank you in advance, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County