SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz827

Please...need help with cabinet pulls!

suselew
14 years ago

I am new and posted this before...but NO ONE responded! Can you please give me your opinion? I really need help.

I will be getting my new cabinets soon! They are shaker style in a medium maple. I have decided to go with Amerock ss bar pulls. I am pretty sure that I would like them all placed horizontally for a different look.

I am having trouble though with my one long counter. It has a 30 inch base cabinet with a single drawer and 2 doors below it. Then there is a 21 inch 4 drawer unit. Then another 30 inch base unit with a single drawer/2doors.

I was thinking of using the same size pulls on the entire counter. I was thinking either 10 or 13 inch pulls. But those long drawers are questionable.

Do you think it will look right to center a pull on the drawer and then have 2 horizontal pulls below it...all the same size?

Another option would be to have a longer pull on the drawer to balance out the 2 on the doors?

A third option would be to place 2 handles on the drawer directly above the 2 doors (so it looks like 2 drawers above 2 doors)?

Then I am wondering about the 4 drawer cabinet. If all the pulls on the other cabinets are the same size should this center cabinet be the same? Or could I use longer ones?

I am going for a sleek, uniform look, but this has me in a quandry. Then I start second guessing myself and saying maybe I should go a more traditional route with vertical placement on the doors.

Please give me some advice! Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living