SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estreya_gw

Window as focul point ... am i on the right track?

estreya
15 years ago

Hello, everyone! I'm hoping to get a bit of feedback on the current incarnation of a room i've been trying to decorate.

Free of TV or stereo system, this room is intended to be a sort of "read, relax, talk, contemplate, look at the birds outside the window" kind of room (birdbath is among the many things i'll need to buy eventually). This room is situated right at the entrance of my home, so i want it to be both elegant and relaxed at the same time.

The things that are currently in the room and that must remain are the two chairs and the sideboard. Beyond that, everything is just a "suggestion" of what i'm contemplating for that area.

Please don't hesitate to be brutal in your replies. I'm aware of my weakness in starting with a blank slate, so i won't offend easily.

:)

{{!gwi}}

PS: I know the center of the room looks very closed off in this picture, but i'm planning to open it up by moving the right side chair closer to the right wall, and having the yet to be purchased ottoman hug up next to the left chair and sofa corner so it can be used as both a footrest and a side table.

Comments (8)