SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

More painted fabric! Tufted headboard and ideas/help?

jterrilynn
11 years ago

I posted this headboard before; I got it at a garage/estate sale for $15. My husband hated it. At first I did not like the color but it grew on me. However, there is no way he would have the headboard in that color in the bedroom.

We are going to put the house on the market in a month or so but my bedroom is really a disgrace. It's always the last room to decorate and needs a bit of staging. I am going to spiff it up but not buy anything I don't really need except maybe one decorative item. We are not going to purchase bedroom furniture until we move as we are expecting to downsize and do not know what will fit. So, I have this headboard and already had some textile paint.

This is the first of two coats.

Here is the still wet lower half but finished second coat. I'm really digging it!Although I am not new to fabric paint I have only used it to omit a color in upholstery I did not like. This is the first large thing

This is what I have for the room so far (the curtains are in the cream w/gold details). I really needed new lighting so to man it up a little I'm using the brass wall lights on each side. I'm thinking of putting this clock over the bed. The bedspread is cream. The walls are a pale peachy/ buttery/cream. The sheets are in wheat (see tiny sample below) but look gold. The throw has bits of all the colors I like and include a burnt peach and teal as well as others.

src="http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/jterrilynn/bedroomclock_zps762804fc.jpg"; border="0" alt="Photobucket">

So here is where I need help. I need to replace my carpet runner in front of the bed. It's gross. I'm trying to keep it all suitable for a man but I am not sure what I'm looking for. The existing furniture is rather plain in no particular style and a deep dark brown almost black. I really like the colors of the pillows on the bed below and will not have trouble finding them. I am having a hard time finding King shams to add interest and go with the throw that will be near the end of the bed. I cannot figure out the shams and carpet runner. Help will be appreciated.

Comments (24)