SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenergwen

Perplexed about Fireplace Wall & Where to Paint (pics)

gardenergwen
16 years ago

This is our Game Room fireplace wall:

The room is used mainly as a Theater Room for viewing movies so Dh and I chose BM Davenport Tan (a creamy milk chocolate color) for the walls to bring hopefully both warmth and depth to the room. The furniture in the room will be a denim slipcovered sectional (different from what is pictured).

We're looking to spruce up the fireplace wall with some paint too and give it an update. We tossed around removing and updating the tile but since it's neutral enough we decided we would rather focus our energy elsewhere. The trim will be the same as in the rest of the house (Cabinet Coat White) and we are planning on keeping the ceiling white (Dh likes white ceilings).

Here are the options we are tossing around:

1. Paint the entire fireplace surround (the part that juts out from the rest of the room) Cabinet Coat White from floor to ceiling.

2. Paint the Cabinet Coat White only from the mantle shelf down. Paint above the mantle shelf Davenport Tan except for the molding (which again would be white).

3. Or ??? Can you tell I'm lost?!? Hope this all made sense. I'm getting ready to prime and would love input!

Thank you!

Comments (2)