SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scoutfinch72

Please help me with backsplash choice!!

scoutfinch72
14 years ago

Most of you probably remember from my past posts that this is a minor kitchen refresh. We've kept the cabinets, bought new SS appliances, installed new Wilsonart Laminate HD countertops in Raven Gemstone with a new SS sink and faucet. We will also be adding new hardware to the cabinets and installing a new SS vent hood. The wall color we picked (and already bought) is Benjamin Moore Prescott Green. On to the backsplash.

I thought I had decided to do a tumbled travertine subway backsplash and be done with it. However, I have changed my mind now that I've found some other very affordable alternatives that I like better. I'm having a hard time choosing between them, though!

Here is what our kitchen looks like today. I will be changing the light fixtures. I bought them too early in the process, lol:

Here is dh's choice, which I do like, but I don't know if it's too plain. These are 2x4 slate:

Here is the one I LOVE, but it is twice the price at $13.99 a square foot. It nicely plays on the blue in the countertop detail. Dh also thinks it is too "modern" (his word) for our house:

Another choice that I also love. Again, dh is worried it's too modern:

The other option is to use one or all of these colors of 3x6" glass subways, which are only $8.87 a square foot. The top green/blue is VERY close to the wall color we've chosen, too close to be used alone, but great as an accent:

Please help a design challenged homeowner?? Any votes one way or the other? I really want to make this decision and be happy with it! As usual I have a hard time visualizing how these will look when installed.

Comments (24)