SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
needsometips08

Am I going in an OK direction? Designers, people good with color

needsometips08
14 years ago

So I feel like I need a little input on the direction I am heading with the kitchen reno.

Right now I am paralyzed with indecision. The only hold up at this point is my insecurity about if these choices will turn out gorgeous or be a flop. I think I need somebody to say it's going to work...or not. If not, what can I do to improve it?

Heaps and heaps of gratitude to you all in advance for taking the time to help me get out of this indecision rut!

Here is my rough rendering:

This will be my hood (not white, stained same as rest of perimeter):

{{gwi:1939208}}

My sink base will be this with a white fireclay apron sink, and I am thinking about angling the side posts so they don't create an edge to bump my hip on (thoughts?):

{{gwi:1939209}}

The arch you see in my rendering will have white columns like the ones in this photo - only not as large and stately - fitted to the scale of my kitchen, and the island will have post detail like this one, that matches the sink base detail:

{{gwi:1939210}}

The floor will be either wood as in the top pic, which is Margieb2's kitchen, and is my all-time favorite inspiration picture and totally the look I am going for, OR the tile in the pattern of the below pic, in either of those color families (I like the grey/earth tones better, but I'd have to change my backsplash plans, and I think the backsplash is more of a priority to me):

{{gwi:1939212}}

The backsplash will be either all mosiac like you see here (I would use the same stuff margieb2 used, the second pic - I have a chipboard of it and it's beautiful!)

{{gwi:1939213}}

OR a strip of mosaic set in travertine or marble subway tiles like:

Or else go in a totally different direction like these tiles that remind me of pillows,and that I love, love, love as much as margie's tile, and hopefully I can still put margie's tile somewhere in there - maybe as the main field tile????

I am totally open in any direction for the granite? Any suggestions? Light? Dark?

So for all you designer types out there, what do you think? Where can I improve?

Thank you all sooo much!

Comments (14)