SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Do I need darker or lighter tones?

Jamie
11 years ago

The fabric is my drapes and bedskirt. The bedspread is kind of a coral color, but not an eletric coral. The trim is already painted. The walls are primed. The blinds can stay if they help or go if they hurt.

Will this room feel like mush because all the (I don't have the color vocabulary for what I want to ask) colors are in the mid range between light and dark? I do have a darker nightstand, and the contrast makes the other furniture stand out more and look good.

I haven't painted yet, so ideally paint color would cure the mid-rangeness, if it needs to be cured.
There are 4 of the windows you see, and they are on 3 sides, so the room has a lot of light sources but is not bright. Doesn't matter so much how it looks during the day, I suppose. A bedroom is pretty much an after dark and before sunup place. But I'd like it to feel very welcoming.

I don't see any problem with the colors, but I'm wondering if you do. I tend to take a while to see issues; it could start to bother me a few months down the line. I'm hoping you can help me prevent painter's remorse.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022