SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
booboo60

Lighting ? open floor plan...

booboo60
15 years ago

You all are so 'with it' and I am so not :) Please help me figure out what I will need for light fixtures in my open living area. The house dh and I are building is a small (1648sq.ft.) sort of farmhouse type home. It is one story but has 2 dormers that are like sky lights. Anyway, when you walk in the front door you will be standing in the living room with the kitchen and dining area off to the left. I have purchased a black iron candlestick chandelier for above the dining room table. There will be 2 pendants above the peninsula in the kitchen that are black rods with white bell shaped, alabaster, globes. Here is my dilemma; for the overhead fixture in the living room (center of room) do I put up a ceiling fan w/light? a semi-flush fixture? a 'matchy-matchy' fixture to go with the dining room or kitchen pendant? Then how about the area when we first enter through the front door? Do we need an overhead light there also? Whew! I wish I could show pics but we aren't even to the drywall stage yet!!

TIA

Comments (6)