SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tansunny_gw

visually dividing one space into 2 rooms?

tansunny
13 years ago

I posted this on the paint board too, but I figured it can't hurt to have it in a couple places. I really need help!

Let me start out by saying I have a fairly small house. Its 1100 sq ft total. The living room and dining room is all one large area with no dividing walls. We recently had our hardwood floors refinished and now we are looking at paint colors that will match the living room rug and our current furniture. The rug has some buttery yellow, sage green, rust, and grey blue colors. The furniture is sage green.

For the living room, I have decided that I am either going to use Sherwin Williams Golden Fleece or Mannered Gold. I am not sure which yet. The GF is lighter, but it is also likely more yellow, and I'm not sure that is what I'm going for. I'm trying to get a richer color without going very dark if that makes sense.

For the dining room, I am thinking about either Cavern Clay or the Roycroft (a deeper green). The dining area is fairly small, but it is mostly just 2 walls and the rest is open. When you walk in the front door, the dining area is directly in front of you and then the living room is to the left. In some spots the goldish hue I choose and the green and the red will be very close to each other. Both the green and red were chosen using the rug that will be in the living room.

Am I nuts? Can I pull off two different hues like this in one area? I think we are talking a space maybe 500 sq ft. I am trying to make the two areas seperate, while still trying to have them coordinate. One area is for eating, the other area is for watching TV, relaxing, but it is all one space.

Comments (11)