SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koidom

craft sand cement? help with living room redo

koidom
16 years ago

I'm working away on my living room redo[:D] this is my inspiration picture.

{{!gwi}}

I collect coral and love the octopus/branch coral they have but I don't have any of that kind and for some that nice and big it could easily be $250 or more for each one, unless it's Artificial and I just don't care to collect Artificial coral the way it is standing and forms a base at the bottom makes me wonder, if it is fake then it would be spendy also.

I have a cat paw coral but it will not stand on it's own and a hole would have to be drilled into the corbal.

I went shopping for a ledge or something that could hold some coral on each side of a mirror like in the picture, I wanted something a little more modren like in the picture and not so big but I found two large wood corbels in my buget.

{{!gwi}}

As you can see the base is very wideand a single branch might be lost on such a heavey corbal, I found this mushroom coral on ebay cheep enough, for me it's hard finding coral with height that I can afford.

{{!gwi}}

and I'm going to use it, it has a sand cement??? base with other coral in the plaster??? so it can stand on it's own, I would like to do the same for my single brach of cat paw coral but I don't know what the sand cement? craft plaster? is can anyone help? I think I have seen something like it in craft stores. it's like tiny plastic beads and feels hard like cement of some sort.

{{!gwi}}

Mushroom coral on sand base

{{!gwi}}

cat paw coral I want to put on sand base.

Comments (2)