SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Height of windows behind sink...

pps7
14 years ago

Our clean up sink will be centered on 3 large casement windows. The question is how low would you put the windows? I'm short-5'2" and I do most of the cleaning. All the kitchens I have lived in the windows start at about a foot above the counter. Although this offer nice light, I have never been able to look out into the yard. Here are the options:

1. Windows sitting on the counter- but is this a problem for wood windows? Will water damage them? there will be 4' casing around the windows, would it look wierd without the sill?

2. 4 inches about counter so that the casing/sill can be included- but again will there be water damage to the wood?

3. 6 inches about counter- I really want to create the feeling of openess to the yard. At 6 inches about the counter- it might be hard to look out if you're sitting at the island for example.

Pictures would be great. I am planning on doing a little sink bump out to increase the distance from the faucet to the wall. Also there is no backsplash- just drywall.

Comments (9)