SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

these D*&M fruit flies!

melissastar
11 years ago

I've scrubbed counters, floor, refrigerator, sinks, garbage disposals. I've poured bleach down the disposals. I've removed all fruit and all food items from countertops. I'm following my slobby son around with a dishcloth and 409 to wipe up any spills and quickly shuttle dirty dishes and glasses to the dishwasher. I've set out half a dozen traps of cider vinegar/water/dishsoap, causing a fruitfly holocaust.

But the blasted things are still here and I swear multiply every night. EAch trap snares dozens of flies, but they seem to lose effectiveness within 12 to 18 hours. Do the smarter flies know the traps are luring them to their death? Do they see their fallen comrades and veer away? Can I hear them LAUGHING at me? Every night I wash away the battle casualties and rebait the traps. Every morning I find them filled with dead flies and yet there's still more flying around!

Tell me please, that even if I can't get rid of them now, that the cold weather will kill them off soon. At this point, I'm just grateful that there's no invasion of sugar ants this year. My inside and outside baiting last year seems to have done the trick on them...but perhaps I speak too soon and still face months of bugs flying around my face AND underfoot.

Ack!

Comments (10)