SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaschaos_gw

Tiny Kitchen in New House... Help!

texaschaos
12 years ago

We just moved and this kitchen is microscopic compared to my previous one. I'm overwhelmed with all the other stuff going on right now (unpacking, registering kids in school, etc) so I just can't seem to wrap my brain around this. I need storage space and counter space. I am currently using a lot of the upper cabinets as a pantry since we are a large family and my kids go through a box of cereal a day.

We got a great deal on the house even though it's too small for us. Hubby promised we'll add on, but that's gonna be a while and I need this functioning NOW.

I was thinking maybe an IKEA rail system but... okay, nobody shoot me, please... the truth is that I really dislike IKEA style. I'm not a funky modern person nor am I a heavy-on-the-chunky-wood country person (and there is already way too much wood in this kitch and no color). Anybody know of a similar concept in a style that is somewhere in-between?

Another issue is that I can't really use all the lower cabinets right now... we have a scorpion problem and I just love reaching in for a pot and getting stung.

Also open to any suggestions y'all may want to throw out at me.

Here's a picture -- this is the entire kitchen and a walk-through one at that.

Comments (26)