SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Where to buy drapery push/pull rods?

I have a beautiful set of custom pinch pleat draperies, for 3 windows and a patio door. They are lined and heavy. We have replaced the traverse rods 3 times and the cords even more often. The current rods are the heaviest possible to purchase; I had to special order them from Loomcraft, and they cost a mint. Yet again the mechanism has broken and we canÂt use the cord to open and shut them. We have been pulling them open and shut manually but that ends up frequently unhooking the drapery pins from the little hanging thingies. I am afraid if we do this too long the top support strip for the pinch pleats will get stretched out. I am not buying another set of traverse rods or replacing the cords again. IÂm done with that.

Where can I get those rigid plastic rods you see in hotels, that attach to the top corner, to be able to push and pull that way? I think that is my best alternative. I donÂt know what they are called. They are about 2 or 3 feet long, diameter about half an inch, look a lot like a piece of rebar (but not metal).

Thanks!

Comments (3)