SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fldirt_gw

1st stage of kitchen remodel

9 years ago

Hello,
I have been reading this forum for years & now we are in the 1st stage of kitchen remodel�planning & talking with Kitchen companies. I know how I want my kitchen to look�.i.e. cabinet doors, hardware, backsplash, range (AGA), hood & floor. Not sure about counter tops yet but nothing fussy as I want to use the painted glass backsplash behind range & I have terrazzo floors which I want to keep. So one of the kitchen companies has a kitchen designer who came out w/ owner/contractor to look at what we had, talked about likes/dislikes, measurements of kitchen & Living room. When she got ready to go told me that before I could see design there is a $500 fee. We live in a small area in Florida (not a big city) & I was floored that the fee would be so much. I'm not opposed to paying $$ but is this out of line or the norm? Do I really need a designer since I kind of know what I want? I have a really small kitchen but we are taking out part of a wall which has an opening to LR to make a small island. My scanner is broken so can't post any pictures yet.
Thanks so much for all the information & ideas that I have gotten from this forum.

Comments (6)