SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Where do you keep your cookbooks?

lisa_a
14 years ago

I thought there was a thread on this topic already but I've done a search and come up with zip so either I dreamed it up or it was so old, it fell off the backside of the forum.

So....

I realized yesterday that I haven't planned a space for my cookbooks yet. Oops! Where do you store yours?

Currently ours are stored on an open shelf:

This cabinet is being replaced with a hutch, which will have 4 doors, either 2 wood and 2 glass (wood doors bookending the center doors of glass) or all glass. The walls on either side of the cabinet are going bye-bye. I could store the books here again or I could store them in the cabinet next to the ovens either in an open shelf or behind doors. Here's that space:

I'm going to store my KA mixer on the counter and designate the space, despite its small size, as my baking center with flour, sugar and such in the cupboard above or in nearby drawers in the island (the only areas not yet claimed).

Can't wait to hear how you all solved cookbook storage. Are you a behind closed doors person or a proudly display them, even down to the Joys of Jello cookbook? Thanks!

Confession time: I own the Joys of Jello cookbook. I think I got it with boxtops back in the '70s and it's followed me in all my moves. Can't remember the last time I cracked it open so that one just might get sent to Goodwill.

Comments (25)