SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaschaos_gw

Paint color nice in day, hideous at night... please help!

texaschaos
15 years ago

Just painted my living room in a Glidden color-match of Restoration Hardware's "Silver Sage". It is a lovely color... in the daytime. As soon as the sun sets, it turns almost bright mint green and casts a sickly pallor on everyone's face.

I am considering repainting entirely (yes, it's THAT bad), perhaps in an Ellen Kennon full spectrum color such as Ashen Green. I believe the full-spectrum paint would help with the day/night differences, but the Ashen Green is too dark and I don't want to pay an extra $100 for her to mix up a custom color.

OR - could it be that my lighting is woefully inadequate and that the situation might be fixed with some extra lights in the evening? My problem there is that I would have to install track lighting or recessed lights, since there is no more room for any lamps or anything of that nature.

P.S. - not looking for a debate here about FS paints... there are plenty of threads concerning that already and my personal experience with FS paint has convinced me, so let's leave it at that!

Comments (30)