SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

my winter project -- our future office/library

arlosmom
12 years ago

I'm a little bit further along with this room than the photos show, but I figured I'd share my starting point. This is the last untouched bedroom in our 100 year old house. It will become our office/library when done. The big TV armoire will house the printer, file boxes, computer router and office supplies. I may or may not paint the armoire. The corner cabinet and bookcase will go away. We'll get three or four matching bookcases for the wall where the bookcase and slot machine are now.

In these pictures, I've gotten all of the painted-over wallpaper off, but the ceiling and walls still need to be repaired (our contractor recently finished that, but I haven't taken new pictures yet). The windows still need a LOT of TLC. Looking around the mostly empty room, the open door in the first picture is the door from the hallway and the closed door is the closet:

Walls will be painted Wythe Blue; trim will be white. We are trying to furnish the room with things we already own as much as possible. Here is the rug we're using:

I'm planning to use unbleached linen curtains from Ikea that I originally bought for the living room but didn't use there, as well as this settee that I moved out of the living room:

We'll also be repainting and reupholstering these vintage wicker chairs that I got at a trash-and-treasure day in our neighborhood a few years ago (the best score ever!). They've been sitting in our attic room waiting for attention ever since. They are in great shape except for the fabric, heavy, sturdy, and extremely comfortable. I'll be asking for advice about these soon.

So that's the starting point. Scary, huh? The whole house was this scary when we bought it 7 1/2 years ago. I joke to DH that we'll look back on this house adventure as "the lost decade".

Comments (14)