SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Options for Mullions/Pattern for French Doors CLEANING?

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

We are having an interior wall of glass doors between our LR and DR. There are 4 panels that will be 34" each.

The 2 center doors will slide over the outside stationary doors similar to the photo below.

What options do I have for mullions, etc for the doors. We have a 1950 Cape and are doing a fancy cottage kitchen.

My issue is that I know those mullions in the standard 15 lite colonial doors can be a real PAIN to clean in between all those rectangles. Especially since there will be 4 doors and 2 sides!

Any other suggestions of a glass I can do or mullion design that won't be so hard to clean? Maybe even a decorative glass without mullions?? I want a simple look though that will go with our home. PLAIN glass may even be fine but afraid they may get walked into!

We have grilles between the glass on our exterior windows which is fine but not a look for our LR and DR. (plastic between the glass)

I saved a photo from Thyne's kitchen. What is this door? Doesn't look like wood mullions (obviously)... but what are they?

Our layout although this isn't 100% accurate-- enough to get the idea...

*********Here's a link to Andersen... but nothing that jumps out...

Here is a link that might be useful: Andersen Grilles

Comments (24)