SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sail_away

Glass2

sail_away
11 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with Glass2? I am looking at it as a possible backsplash, as the single piece of glass seems like it would be both attractive and easy maintenance. If you have used this, how do you like it? And, even if you haven't had personal expereince with it, how do you think it would look in my kitchen, based on the following information?

I have golden oak cabinets (nicer than builder grade) with laminate counters. We are slowly, piece-by-piece, giving the kitchen a facelift. We just finished putting new floors in the main floor of our home, so it will be a while before we have the funds to move on to doing more in the kitchen. I like to use this time to plan and debate various finishes.

First, the oak cabinets will stay. The layout works, and the cabinets are in good condition. Oak would not be my favorite choice for cabinets (unless quarter sawn or rift), but DH loves oak and I don't want to spend money on new cabinets when the ones we have still work well.

I do want to replace the counter tops, and I am strongly leaning toward black/dark gray. I'd love to get granite or quartz, mostly so I can put in an undermount SS sink. Frankly, I cook a lot and spend a lot of time in my kitchen and I think laminate counters have been great, but I really, really want an undermount sink. In the end, though, I may have to compromise with a laminate. (Resale is also a factor to consider, as we may be downsizing in the next 5-10 years---but if we put the work and money into a kitchen, I want something that I will enjoy for those 5-10 years.) Appliances will be gradually replaced over time and will remain white.

I guess if I had to describe our home, I would say it's transitional. It does have some traditional features, in terms of the oak bannister, oak kitchen cabinets, and dark cherry dining room table and chairs, but my decorating is somewhat eclectic---gradually becoming more clean lines without frills (somewhat contemporary, but with a bit more softness, if that makes sense?).

A bit more info---we have medium gray LVT in our kitchen, and I had initially envisioned putting in a dark gray/black quartz counter top and marble tile backsplash. DH objects to the marble tile because of maintenance issues---he doesn't care for tile backsplash because of the grout and likes the idea of marble even less due to the added concern for maintenance. I'm thinking the Glass2 might work well for us, but I am concerned that it might be too contemporary. With the right choice of counter top, do you think this could work? I realize that, ultimately, I have to choose what I think will work best for us, but I'd appreciate any input.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH