SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
candyce2202

Help with decorating my childhood bedroom

Candyce Preston
11 years ago

Hello all. I need your help please. I recently left my contemporary condo in Miami Beach to return to my childhood home in a small rural town to care for my 87 yr old ailing mother. My bedroom is painted pink with pink floral wallpaper trim and rose colored carpet. I can't replace the carpet but I have to do something with this room so I can sleep without having nightmares! I have already removed the pink ruffled bedding and replaced it with white and grey pottery barn sheets/bed skirt/duvet cover etc. And removed the pink ruffled curtains (on a single window). I've started removing the pink flower wallpaper boarder but I'm stuck with the rose colored carpet. (The picture of me at 16 yrs of age will be relocated to my mother bedroom!)

I'm thinking about painting the walls a light gray and intalling a gray design curtain. I've order new gray barrel shades for the pink lamp bases but would really appreiciate any ideas on how to make this room livable without spending too much money.

I don't know how to attach multiple pictures so I included a picture that shows most of the room. Any ideas - and true light gray paint color ideas would be helpful. I'm limited to Sherwin Williams, Valspar and Walmart for paint shopping.

The exposed light bulbs on the ceiling fan also have to go but I need a fan in my bedroom because my mother is constantly cold and I'm constantly hot!

HELP PLEASE!

Comments (6)