SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_east_gw

I messed up hardware placement--help!

nancy_east
15 years ago

Hello all,

We are in the final stages of our house building process now and I have been ever so grateful to so many of you who have helped me along the way!

Long story short, I have a dilemma with my already installed cabinet hardware and was wondering if anyone could provide any insight as to how to fix it or am I stuck with what my installers did. Basically, they installed one cup pull on a bank of 30" drawers that were supposed to have TWO cup pulls per drawer. It's my mistake--I drew it all out for them on paper and failed to draw it properly, although I knew I wanted 2 pulls per each 30" drawer in my head. So I walk into the house this morning and immediately see my mistake and am so annoyed with myself. Of course, the pulls are dead center on the drawer so it's not an easy fix.

My GC says there's nothing we can do about it, but he's the king of pessimism so I wanted to check with my fellow GW'ers to see if I can prove him wrong!

These are semi-custom cabinets (Shiloh) and they came with some touch up paint. My thought was maybe I could fill the existing holes with wood putty, sand lightly, and then paint over it with the touch up paint. But is cabinetry touch up paint like car touch up paint where it doesn't match up exactly 100%? I definitely don't want the repair to be noticeable, but I have to at least do my homework to see if there is a way that it can be fixed.

DH says it's such a minor detail in the grand scheme and if this is the only screw up we have, then we're doing good. I completely agree, but he also hasn't invested the amount of research I have into this house (esp. the kitchen) to make it "just right" and it's one of those things that will bug me.

Anyway, I'm rambling and hope that some wonderful person can enlighten me as to any available options I might have!

Many thanks, as usual, in advance!

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County