SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandysflowers_gw

Photo gallery wall using ledges

sandysflowers
13 years ago

I have a wall that's about 70" wide and 7 ft tall that I want to make into a photo wall for our family pictures. I've gotten a bunch of pictures printed out in black and white, have some black frames and am ready to start creating. A lot of the ideas that I've seen and liked have either a piece of furniture or chair rail as sort of the starting point for the pictures. I tried a photo wall on this same wall once before, and I just felt like the pictures were floating on the wall and didn't have anything to sort of anchor them. I don't have the space for a table to put on this wall and I don't have a chair rail or wainscoating that would act as a starting point, so I was thinking about putting the pictures on photo ledges. I saw a picture on someone's blog of 4 ledges set up in 2 rows staggered like this:

________......_________

......._________....._________

Does anyone use photo ledges to display pictures? Any tricks or tips to help me get it to look right? If I use 2 rows, what should the height of each row be? I also saw a picture that I liked that had 3 rows, but the ceilings in the room were much higher than mine and I'm thinking they would end up going too low on my wall.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (2)