SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casajakada

Looking for pictures of rooms in plum/purple for Master Bedroom

casajakada
15 years ago

I've gone through the gallery and haven't seen what I'm looking for which is a plum color for the walls of my Master Bedroom. If anyone has any pics not posted in the Gallery of plum or purple, I'd really appreciate seeing them along with the name of the paint. I've always wanted to do my bedroom in a plum color, not too dark with just enough of the red undertone you see in a true plum color. Also, I'd appreciate opinions on color as I was told by a cousin who happens to be in the furniture business, that the color I was looking for would be too contemporary with my furniture. It's a sleigh bed in a light pecan shade, not blonde, but definitely on the lighter side. It's from the Thomasville Villa Soleil Collection if that helps.

I didn't realize that certain colors are contemporary and although I usually go with what I like and don't care what's "in" at the moment, I also don't want it to be absolutely wrong for the room, either. I'm leaning towards a fabric that I really like to make a duvet cover, it's a terracotta background with plum, buttercream, rose and sage green large floral print. It's only going on the bed as I'm using plantation shutters on the window.

I'm new to this forum and appreciate any help you talented ladies can give me. Thank you all for sharing so much of your knowledge and the glimpse into so many beautiful homes. It's inspiring me to do more with my new home!

Comments (4)