SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Attaching/gluing molding to large wall mounted mirror

In a recent post about tying in colors I saw something and IÂd like to know how that was done. The before photo showed a large flat plain mirror attached to the wall, running all the way down to the top of the counter backsplash. In the after picture she had framed it nicely with wide mitered molding which really set it off and made the mirror look less utilitarian and more elegant.

I have a similar mirror in a powder room I just finished. I have not been able to figure out how to frame this because, like the one in this recent post, it runs all the way to the counter, and the edges run all the way to each side wall. I was thinking I would have to nail it to the wall and there is no wall exposed. So the molding I just saw must be laid right over the edges of the mirror. My question is, how is it fastened?

Then on an Episode of Design on a Dime today the contractor glues molding right over the edges of a mirror. But he never said what kind of glue would stick to a mirror. The glue he used looked a lot like wood glue but that canÂt be right, that would not stick to glass (or not for longÂor after a shower!). I went to the HGTV website but there was no information there.

So for you who have done this: what glue will adhere wood molding to glass?

Comments (25)