SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

How do you find out granite pricing?

TxMarti
11 years ago

A couple of the places I went to wouldn't discuss pricing at all. The others just said they have level 1, level 2, etc. They all said the fabricator gets the pricing and gives me a quote based on the cuts, the curves of my particular counters, and I understand that. Some said that some granites, while at the same price level, have more quartz in them so require slower cutting and that will drive up the price. But they wouldn't tell me which ones.

Since I haven't found THE slab, I thought I'd eliminate some on price, but that's proving impossible also.

In Dallas, there is an area that one salesperson jokingly referred to as granite row. There were 5 slab warehouses on one street. One had a fancy front showroom, their sales people were well-dressed (and I thought "heels for walking around a hot warehouse all day?), but others had minimal or no front showroom and the owner was the only salesman.

Are two similar slabs going to be the same price at each of those two places? I wouldn't think so. Is the fabricator going to call both places for prices? I doubt that too.

So how do you find out who has the best price when slabs are fairly equal?

Comments (18)