SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenathegreat

Arranging ugly stuff on open shelving

jenathegreat
13 years ago

We've bought a house and the kitchen uppers don't have doors. I didn't worry about this when we were buying because I planned to get doors for them. Well guess what... they are doorless for a reason. My giant range and venthood are angled in the corner and the cabinets on either side could not be opened 90deg if they had doors.

So my problem is that my stuff isn't so pretty that I want to look at it all day. And even if I had pretty stuff, I have kids and therefore have to have non-pretty stuff too. I have Corelle. I have sippy cups. I have spices in mismatched bottles. And I'd love to put all of this in uppers but not look at it. Right now I do have the sippy cups in a drawer, but I don't feel like it's a good use of space because they are crammed in there and take 2 drawers. I don't have a good drawer for spices either, so they do have to go in the upper.

So... can you show me your open shelving, especially if you don't have it "arranged" or have ugly stuff like me? Or how do you hide it?

Comments (11)