SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Fireplace Makeover help!

Tmnca
9 years ago

This is the fireplace in our condo, which was built in 1980. As you can see it's a bit tired and needs a makeover. We are looking for an electric insert for some radiant heat and ambience (I am allergic to smoke so we don't use it) and would like to make it look better.

Our furniture is generally transitional style, but we will be replacing our sofa and chair next year anyway as it was poor quality and is breaking down already. What we have is expresso "leather" (sold as genuine leather but is really just bonded).

I posted on the fireplaces forum for help with brands/vendors for the insert but below is an example of the type we are looking for.

Painting the accent wall would be easy, of course so we're up for that. The tile is very ugly, I chose the wall color to minimize it but I think it's time for it to go - but I have no idea what would look better! Removing the hearth at the bottom could be easy or difficult, I don't know it's construction but I know other units have done it so I doubt it's solid. The mantel could be changed out too if it would make a significant upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

fireplace insert something like this, but not necessarily style

Comments (15)