SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Decorating bookshelves - how am I doing so far

juddgirl2
13 years ago

Thanks so much to everyone who have offered suggestions on decorating the shelves of my media unit. This is what I have so far. What do you think?

I've read somewhere that it's a decorating no-no to use family photos, but I really enjoy seeing them when I visit close friends and family. Since I haven't developed or framed a photo in a decade or so (most of my frames still have the models' photos inside), I thought this would be a good place to display pictures of our children and parents.

To keep it from looking too busy and bring in some white from the adjoining dining room, I used only black frames and ivory or white matting. Any ideas to change or add to the arrangements? I'll slowly add some more books behind the frames and still need to do something with the top shelves. These are short and pretty high.

Several mentioned using plants, but I can't keep these alive. Perhaps dried hydrangeas in the top shelf? I've always loved them.

I'd like to incorporate the ideas of bringing in some small artwork, statues, etc., so I'll keep this in mind while browsing my fav antique stores. I saw the cutest little wood shoe forms at the antique store last month and went back for them but of course they were gone!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (25)