SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

Food Processor Question

brightm
9 years ago

Does anyone else have the food processor linked below? I think at the time we got it it was a Williams-Sonoma exclusive. They're definitely blowing them out now (looking at the pricing).

I have a love/hate relationship with food processors. I had a basic Cuisinart that I probably got around the time of my first wedding in 1985. I had 8 billion disks and after that marriage ended I lugged it from place to place to place for about 10 years and finally donated it somewhere because I hadn't used it in about 10 years.

Current DH decided we needed a food processor about 3 years ago and we got the one linked below. It is even heavier than the old one and takes up more space. It's so tall that in both my old kitchen and new kitchen it takes up 'three spots' in the cabinet. One for the base, one for the 'bowls' and one for the case with the attachement (which is bigger than either of the others).

As I'm trying to move the rest of the stuff back into my kitchen, I can't help but begrudge how much space this takes up. Not to mention it is a BEAR to clean. Stuff gets stuck in the gaskets. I remember distinctly cleaning it with a toothpick the last time I used it about a year and a half ago.

Do you have it? Do you love it? Do you keep it on your counter?

Do you have a FP you love that's not this one?

I know this would not be the time to get rid of a FP since now we're back to cooking again. And I'll probably put it on the counter and see if that inspires it's use more frequently. (But doesn't solve the issue that it's not fun to clean.)

I have a couple other things I'm going to box up in my office with a note in my small appliance area that they're in the office. If I don't use them in a year, I'll dump them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Giant Heavy Cuisinart

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living