SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spider96

Bracing myself......here's my kitchen layout.

spider96
13 years ago

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b418/Spidergirl96/

A few things to note:

I have a desk for future internet usage for the kids. I know people say they get clutered. I still think we need it.

The cabinets to the left of the sink are wider than the cabinets to the right. I'm looking into moving the window over the sink over to the left as far as it can go. (my builder is supposed to get back to me on that) It won't be totally centered, but I think I'd prefer it to being totally offset. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

The thing across from the pantry is a butlers pantry. I was planning to use it mainly as storage and just have drawers and cabinets.

The fridge doesn't show up in the pictures- it's just a bunch of lines. It's currently a 48 inch, but with an extra fridge in the mudroom, I'm wondering if I should go down in size. I want it to be built in, and I wish there was a 42 inch build in french door option. The only 42 inch built ins I've seen (like subzero) are side by side.

I have a feeling the entryway to the pantry should be on the wall parallel with the sink. It seems pretty inconvenint. THis floorplan is based off of our current floor plan, and the entry way to the pantry is over near the wall with the sink. Our current butler's pantry is actually just an extension of the counter top that the sink is on and the pantry is across from it. Does that make sense?

I know this layout probably needs a lot of improvements. I'm meeting with a kitchen designer tomorrow and she said she had a list of suggestions, ranging from drastic to small.

I'm a little scared to see what y'all have to say about this. Hold me.

Comments (86)