SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tc2006

Kraftmaid cabinets: quality and finish

tc2006
16 years ago

I ordered my cabinets from Kraftmaid and received them late July. The quality was very poor. After ordering replacements of many of the cabinets, the replacements also were full of defects. I had the rep from Kraftmaid come to see the cabinets and he ordered more replacements. These have arrived and still the quality is poor. Although the company claims to check each cabinet before they leave the plant, a blind person must have checked what they are sending me. I am awaiting a visit from both the store manager from HD and the Kraftmaid rep to determine what can be done. At this point, I do not have much faith that they will send me cabinets that are any better than what I have received. Anyone having similar problems with Kraftmaid? Or had them in the recent past? I am not sure what to do at this point. I did not get a glaze finish. I picked honey spice to avoid the finish problems many people had mentioned with glaze finishes. The finish on the doors are full of drips in the grooves which makes the doors look dirty, I have nicks and scratches, the door jams of many of the doors are rough and not polished smooth as they should be, I have what appears to be dust under the finish (bumps), burn marks from the router, pull out shelf that pulls out then jams and will not go in, plywood that has gaps of missing wood, corners that have gaps, and so on....

I am so discouraged and I am not sure what rights I have. The rep had told me to go ahead and install my cabinets and that he would come out to repair the finish on the boxes and order all new doors. We installed some cabinets however, when the cabinets he replaced were still damaged, I just lost hope for my beautiful kitchen!

Comments (34)