SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Vintage + cottage lighting.... see what I'm thinking!

tinker_2006
12 years ago

So confused (AGAIN!!) LOL

We have a 1937 home, on the bay-front property.. kinda "beachy". Was first build as a winter residence (we live in FL)

I am trying to keep the historic properties of the house as much as I can, and trying to make it feel relaxed, vintage-cottage.

We did have the entire house rewired, however, we did NOT put any can lighting in the house at all, it is what it is! I could have moved the existing ceiling lights in the kitchen, but neither DH, myself, 3 electricians, and my mother (lol) could come up with anything better! (probably should have posted here!)

Here is the overall floorplan (not exact) the ceiling lights drive me a little crazy, however, honestly - I never first noticed it being "odd".. only when I had to think about lighting!

{{!gwi}}

I think it would look the best with all the lights the same, except over the sink - I would like a pendant light.

My choices for the 3 ceiling lights are these: **SAMPLES MAY NOT BE RIGHT FINISH COLOR - I THINK I WILL GO WITH A BURNISHED BRASS **

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Pendants over the sink... will they clash, look funny with the schoolhouse lights?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Any help is appreciated!

Comments (13)