SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
infohound2006

Corian Juniper, Elderberry or Mediterranean: any photos? advice?

infohound2006
14 years ago

I really like integral sinks, so we're going with a solid surface. We've mostly settled on Corian, either Juniper, Elederberry or Mediterranean ... and now we're stuck.

We just can't decide what to choose with our light maple cabinets, and a north-facing kitchen. We've got an L-shaped counter, 18' long, and an island that's about 8' x 40", so it will have a seam down its length. (I can post a photo if that would help)

Here are the questions:

Would Juniper look too muddy? Would it show the seams? What would it look like in an L-shaped counter, since it's directional? (I've actually fallen in love with what the Juniper looks like on the back, with beautiful swirls of blue, gray, and a few rust accents. But that would show seams even more).

Elderberry is beautiful too, and would not show seams as much. However, given this much counter space, and a north-facing kitchen, would an expanse of Elderberry make the room look too dark?

And then, today I saw a couple of photos of the Mediterranean color that also looks beautiful --- but it's not from a real kitchen, so I'm a bit suspicious.

Seeing photographs of real kitchens with those countertops would help so very much!

Comments (4)