SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Choosing/combining finishes and fixtures in an open concept home

ontariomom
9 years ago

HI all,

Part 2 of my quest continues ... I have made a few changes and would be so pleased for your input again. I would be very grateful If you would help me move towards finalizing the fixture choices in my open concept home. This time I tried to select fixtures that were classified as transitional (although one or two of my choices are not that style).

Even though a few of you mentioned your dislike of our current dining room chandy when I posted part 1 of this question, we are keeping it to save on costs and because we don't mind it. The important thing is the other fixtures need to work with it and with each other. Kindly, view the current dining room chandy as a place holder for the next 5 years. In time, we could replace it with something more up to date. So, if possible. please resist the urge to give us your opinions on the current dining room fixture.

Here is the floor plan of the space. The ceiling height is 8 feet (except the entrance which is a bit over 11 feet). We will also supplement the lighting with pot lights, but don't want all down lighting which is why we have incorporated lots of sconces. The plan is coded with corresponding light choices. The light choices are posted below. I would love to hear your opinions. I have also posted a page of alternate fixtures that were runners up to my main choices, in case you think I should swap out one or two fixtures and see a good replacement in the runner up selections.

Kitchen light choices are below. Please note the island vent will be powder coat painted either an off white or a grey/blue. There will still be a band of stainless on the bottom rim.

Foyer/living room and front hall:

Great Room (brace yourself the dated dining room chandy is coming LOL)! Note: the fireplace stone is not purple toned in real life.

Edited to say that fixture S4 above could be replaced with the following light. My colleague at work thought the circles on the fixture below would tie in better especially with the orb light (P3).

Here are few alternate lighting fixtures, in case you see a swap you would recommend.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Carol

This post was edited by OntarioMom on Mon, Nov 10, 14 at 17:52

Comments (17)